The Honda S2000 is a two-seater roadster that looks like a small Mazda Miata and has the speed of a Porsche Boxster. It has the same size and speed. You can't get more horsepower out of a small engine than Honda does. Witness Honda's dominance in the Indy Racing League, including its victory in the Indy 500 with a 3.0-liter engine that made 650 horsepower at 10,300 rpm. You can see this in the video.
The S2000 has become known as the sports car with a powerful engine like a superbike. Big power from a small engine, with a narrow powerband and high RPM. None of the new S2000s could compare to the original S2000 when it comes to thrills.
2005 S2000: That might still be true, but it's been a little less crazy. The '05 is almost the same as the '04, which made improvements to the engine and suspension. When you see the tachometer needle reach 9000 rpm, you get a unique and amazing feeling. Now, you only get to see 8200 on the tachometer. What we can think of is more than any other car that we can think of, except for the Mazda RX-8 with its rotary engine.
17-inch wheels, up from 16s, have been added to the S2000. Transmission gear ratios have been changed to make the car go faster. There's also more shoulder and elbow room and new headlights with a triple-beam design.
|2005 Honda S2000 Yellow|
2005 Honda S2000 Specification
- Engine Type : In-Line 4-Cylinder
- Engine Block/Cylinder Head : Aluminum-Alloy
- Displacement (cc) : 2157
- Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net) : 240 @ 7800
- Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) : 162 @ 6500
- Redline (rpm) : 8000
- Bore and Stroke (mm) : 87.0 x 90.7
- Compression Ratio : 11.1:1
- Valve Train : 16-Valve DOHC VTEC ®
- Multi-Point Fuel Injection :
- Rear-Wheel Drive :
- CARB Emissions Rating : LEV
- Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer : 105,000-Mile Tune-Up Interval
Chassis and Body
- Body/Suspension/Chassis : High X-Bone Monocoque Frame
- Stabilizer Bar (mm, front/rear) : 26.5 / 25.4
- Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Steering Wheel Turns, Lock-to-Lock : 2.6
- Steering Ratio : 14.9
- Turning Diameter, Curb-to-Curb (ft.) : 35.4
- Power-Assisted Ventilated Front Disc/Solid Rear Disc Brakes (in., front/rear) : 11.8 / 11.1
- Alloy Wheels (in., front/rear) : 17x7.0 / 17x8.5 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Tires (front/rear), P215/45 R17 87W / P245/40 R17 91W
- Headroom (in.) : 34.6
- Legroom (in.) : 44.3
- Shoulder Room (in.) : 50.7
- Hip Room (in.) : 49.8
- Cargo Volume (cu. ft.) : 5
- Passenger Volume (cu. ft.) : 44.8
- Seating Capacity : 2
- Wheelbase (in.) : 94.5
- Length (in.): 162.2
- Height (in.) : 50
- Width (in.) : 68.9
- Track (in., front/rear) : 57.9 / 59.4
- Curb Weight (lbs.) : 2835
- Weight Distribution (%, front/rear) : 49 / 51
EPA Mileage Estimates/Capacities*
- City/Highway : TBD
- Crankcase (qt.) : 5.9
- Coolant System (qt.) : 8
- Fuel (gal.): 13.2
- Required Fuel : Premium Unleaded
Honda S2000 6-Speed Manual Transmission Gear Ratios:
- 1st: 3.133
- 2nd: 2.045
- 3rd: 1.481
- 4th: 1.161
- 5th: 0.942
- 6th: 0.763
- Reverse: 2.800
- Final Drive: 4.100
- Secondary Gear Reduction: 1.208
Honda S2000 Top Speed
Most Asked Question about Honda S2000
Since this cool car has the extraordinary features as mentioned above, there must be some question about this Honda S2000.
How Fast Does Honda S2000?
With a 2.2-liter VTEC four-cylinder engine, an S2000 can go from 0 to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds and reach a top speed of about 149 mph.
What is so special about S2000?
The Honda S2000 was known for having the highest specific power output of any mass-produced, naturally aspirated engined car. It had about 124 hp per liter, or two horsepower per cubic inch, which is the highest of any mass-produced, naturally aspirated engined car.
Which generation S2000 is best?
When it comes to the S2000, there isn't a "best year." On paper, the 2002+ models are the best ones to buy, because they have glass rear windows, a new suspension, and other things that make them better. They came with a soft-top window made of glass and new oil banjo bolts that made the engine last longer when it was used a lot.